Jane Nelsen, Ed.D.
Dr. Jane Nelsen is a licensed Marriage, Family and Child Counselor in South Jordan, UT and San Clemente, CA. She is the author and/or coauthor of the following books:
1. Positive Discipline
2. Raising Self-Reliant Children in a Self-Indulgent World
3. From Here to Serenity, Four Principles for Understanding Who You Really Are
4. Positive Time Out and Fifty Other Ways to Avoid Power Struggles
5. Positive Discipline for Teenagers
6. Positive Discipline in the Classroom
7. Positive Discipline A-Z
8. Positive Discipline for Single Parents
9. Positive Discipline for Preschoolers
10. Positive Discipline The First Three Years
11. Positive Discipline for Your Step Family
12. Parents Who Love Too Much
13. Positive Discipline for Parenting in Recovery
14. Positive Discipline: A Teacher's A-Z Guide
15. Positive Discipline for Christian Families
16. Positive Discipline for Child Care Providers
17. Positive Discipline for Working Parents
Jane is the co-developer of the following two-day training workshops:
Teaching Parenting the Positive Discipline Way
a general process that also can focus on the following populations:
·Parenting in Recovery
Positive Discipline in the Classroom
Building a Positive Workplace: Empowering People for Increased Productivity
Jane’s doctorate degree in Educational Psychology from the University of San Francisco in 1979 is secondary to the education and experience she achieved from her successes and failures as a mother of seven children. She now shares this wealth of knowledge and experience as a popular keynote speaker and workshop leader throughout the country.
Jane is very well received by school district, teacher organizations, conferences, and parent education networks throughout the world. Letters come in daily from parents and teachers worldwide who have had much success with the principles outlined in her books, workshops, and lectures. She has appeared on Oprah, Sally Jessy Raphael, and Twin Cities Live, and was the featured parent expert on the National Parent Quiz with Ben Vereen.
21 Tools for Avoiding Power Struggles While Encouraging Valuable Life Skills.
· Positive Discipline for Developing Capable People
· Building Self-Esteem through Positive Discipline
· Keys to Developing Self-Reliance: A Gift to Our Children
· The Significant Seven: Life Skills for Adults and Youth
· Positive Discipline: Practical Application
· Why Children Misbehave and What to Do About It
· Empowering Teenagers—and Yourself in the Process
Teaching Parenting the Positive Discipline Way:
· Two-day training for parent educators
· Shared Responsibility through Class Meetings: Eliminating your Role as a disciplinarian (The Kids Can Do It Better Anyway)
· Positive Discipline in the Classroom (two-day training on class meetings)
· We’ve Got to Keep Meeting Like This (teacher in-service on class meetings)
· School Administrators: Positive Discipline in the Classroom (two-day training with Bill Scott, principal of Birney Elementary School)
WHAT PEOPLE SAY ABOUT JANE NELSEN
“We could not have asked to receive any more valuable information than that which you gave us! Your information was straightforward and detailed as to dealing with all ages of children and family relationships. If I had to choose a description of your presentation which made it most meaningful, ‘a common-sense approach to parenting’ would be my description.”
—Leslie Hayes, Co-Chair, Alcohol and Drug Conference, Junior League of Hunstsville, Inc.
“Everyone felt you presented ideas and approaches useful at home and in the classroom, enhancing discipline, communication, and most of all promoting the self-esteem and dignity of our children. Your enthusiastic, insightful (keynote) presentation set the tone for the whole day, presenting outstanding models of intervention and prevention for children ‘at risk’.”
—Bruce Ettinger, Executive Director, The Children’s Institute
“We felt your workshop on Positive Discipline/Empowering Teens and Yourself in the Process was of great value. We continuously refer to your presentation. Parents tell me they are putting into practice the things they learned from you, and it is working! I’ve run community education programs for over eight years and I must say this is the first one that actually gives people the skills and techniques to make changes. Your straightforward and common-sense approach is enlightening in dealing with children of all ages and family relationships.”
—Karen Pierce,HCA Portsmouth Pavilion
“I just wanted to let you know that I continue to hear nothing but positive feedback about the seminar you presented before our 450 workshop participants. Your content, style, and sense of humor made the presentation a memorable and inspiring one for everyone involved—parents, teachers, and counseling professionals Thanks for bringing your important message to our community. I know you’ve made a lasting impact on the way I interact with my own family, and I’m sure that other parents who attended would say the same.”
—Cindi Anthony, St. Alcuin Montessori School, Dallas, TX
The Sierra College Foster and Kinship Care Education staff, the conference committee and all who attended our Foster and Kinship Success Day event wish to express our sincere appreciation for your keynote presentation and your workshops on "Positive Discipline for Developing Capable People."
The evaluations of your presentations were overwhelmingly positive and according to many, were the highlights of the day for them. They expressed an interest in having you return for future trainings, as well. Several felt they would like to have had more time to ask questions and benefit from your extensive knowledge and experience in parenting. We do hope you will consider being involved in our training sessions in the future so that you can continue to reach a broad audience of our foster parents.
Thank you for spending the day with us at Sierra College. We appreciate the role you played in honoring and showing support for our foster and kinship care providers and the valuable work all of you are doing.
It was my pleasure to meet you and to affirm the positive reactions expressed by those who have been involved in your presentations before. Please accept my apology for not thanking you in person at the end of the session.
Director Foster and Kinship Care Education Program
Contact me at email@example.com